Enterprise and SMB customers face the spiraling demand for multi-tier applications, many with dense storage requirements and uncertain processing and I/O requirements over time. As IT budgets continue to be constrained, businesses are looking for ways to future-proof their infrastructure investments. They need to invest in technology that will help them adapt to changing environments, offer configuration flexibility, and reduce downtime. The all-new HP ProLiant DL380e Gen8 is specifically designed to meet these new and emerging realities. With enterprise-class uptime, enhanced storage performance, serviceability, and management capabilities, the DL380e Gen8 is a perfect match for customers looking for great value and essential features with the flexibility to boost configurations in the future.
The all-new HP ProLiant DL380e Gen8 Server is purpose-built to:
• Enhance flexibility and lower cost—meet essential data center requirements while allowing for future growth
• Redefine the customer experience through user-inspired design features
• Eliminate tedious,time-consuming tasks with agentless hardware monitoring, built-in alerting, and Intelligent Provisioning
• Boost application, storage, and I/O performance—deliver up to 200% more memory over previous generations and support the latest HP Storage and Smart Array controllers.
The HP ProLiant DL380e Gen8 Server is built to protect your investment and extend server life with reliability, accessibility, and serviceability features designed in. New Generation 8 features include:
• Optimised efficiency and performance with up to two Intel® Xeon® E5-2400 series processors, which automatically regulate power consumption and intelligently adjust server performance.
• Enhanced flexibility with capacity for up to 384 GB of HP SmartMemory, three available PCI-express Gen 3 expansion slots, and a PCI Gen 2 slot. The server also includes an optional 2 x16 riser for an additional two PCI Gen3 slots (six total).
• Unprecedented storage performance, flexibility, and density. The DL380e Gen8 offers a variety of drive cages to meet vastly different storage requirements based on workload. For small form factor, we offer eight and 25 drive cage options. For LFF we standardize on a cage that can support up to eight LFF drives based on controller selection and offer a 12 LFF drive cage option for increased affordable storage density. We also offer a 12 LFF “point-to-point” backplane for customers looking to maximize storage throughput as well as two LFF or two SFF rear drives for increased capacity or OS mirroring with additional physical security.
• Support for the full lineup of standup Smart Array controllers as well as Dynamic Smart Array controllers. Customers looking for up to six LFF SATA drives support can utilize our base controller offering, the B120i controller with an optional upgrade to B320i with up to 512 MB cache, and Smart Array standup upgrade with up to 2G flash backed write cache.
• Enterprise-class serviceability including improved cable design, HP’s exclusive Smart Socket Guide, redundant fan capability, telescoping rails, and cable management arm.
If you have any questions regarding the server specifications or the options to build the server, please get in touch via Live Chat or Email us. We will respond within 12 hours of receiving the email.